No products in the cart.
Our next meeting is one week away on Saturday, August, 18th at 1:15 p.m. at the Chandler Police Station (Map: http://goo.gl/maps/YHkJ8)
We invite you to join us for some relaxed sewing time together. We have put together a fun hand-stitched Needle Book project to work on together. Although if hand sewing is not your cup of tea or you have other sewing projects you would prefer to work on than feel free to bring those projects along, sewing machine and all. There is plenty of tables and room to work on all sized projects. The meeting will begin at 1:15 p.m. and we have reserved the room until 5 p.m. so you are welcome to come and go as you please, there will also be snacks provided.
Needle Book Project
For those of you interested in making the Needle Book, Alyssa has created a needle book tutorial for all levels, whether you have never worked on hand stitching and embroidery or you are a seasoned pro. These little needle books make great gifts, in fact the one pictured above is a gift for a young girl (hence the super bright girly colors 🙂 We will begin working on the Needle Books at 1:30 p.m. and since everyone stitches at a different pace we may or may not finish in one sitting, but you will have a printed tutorial to take home with you to finish.
We apologize we are getting this supply list to you only a week in advance. But, we will be providing a Needle Book kit for those of you who want to participate, but may not have the time to shop.
Each Kit will cost $8 and Include
- 1 – Dark Brown Piece of Felt (for the outside)
- 2 – Cream Pieces of Felt (for the inside & flower)
- 1 – Purple Piece of Felt (for the flower)
- 1 – coordinating print fabric (for the inside)
- 2 – Skien’s of coordinating Embroidery Floss
- 1 – Skien of coordinating Pearl Cotton #5
- 1 – Button
- 1 – Embroidery Needle
The felt included in the kits is premium quality synthetic felt, and the fabric is high quality quilters cotton by Alexander Henry. If you would like to reserve a kit please let us know when filling out the RSVP form (below). If you would like to purchase your own supplies than here is a full supply list.
- 1 – 9″ x 12″ piece of felt cut down to 10″ x 9″ (for the outside)
- 1 – 9″ x 12″ piece of felt cut down to 2 – 9″ x 6″ pieces (for the inside)
- 1 – 4″ x 4″ piece of felt in contrasting color (for flower shape)
- 1 – 4″ x 4″ piece of felt in contrasting color (for inner round of flower)
- 1 – FQ of Fabric cut down to 12″ x 10.5″ (for inside)
- 2 – skien’s of coordinating embroidery floss (for applique embroidery)
- 1 – skien of coordinating Pearl Cotton #5 (for blanket stitch)
- 1 – Embroidery needle
- some basic thread (for basic stitching not visible)
Here are some other supplies you will need to bring whether you get the kit or not
- sewing pins
- marking pen
We would like to get an approximate head count of who will be attending so please RSVP by filling out the form below. We are looking forward to sewing with you all. If you have any questions email Alyssa at designer @ phoenixmodernquiltguild.com
Please RSVP by filling out this signup form.