March 2023 BOM Details
Goal: SHOO-FLY BLOCKS Row 6
- Each of 7 Shoo-Fly blocks requires 4 3” HST’s and 4 3” background squares, and a center 3” focus fabric square. You will also construct 2 partial blocks consisting of 2 HSTs and 1 background square.
- If you are using the same fabric for rows 4 & 6 and used the pattern directions for strip piecing row 4, you are done (or almost done)!
- Alternately, to construct HST’s 2 at a time, layer one 4” background square with a focusfabric square. Mark the diagonal and stitch ¼” on each side of the marked line. Cut on the marked line, press and trim to 3” sq.
- When blocks are complete, sew a 3” x 8” spacer strip to the right side of seven Shoo-Fly blocks and the partial Shoo-Fly block with horizontal points on the left (refer to full pattern pic on page 10)
- Sew the blocks together to complete the row, starting and ending with the partial blocks as indicated on the pattern.