May & June 2023 BOM Details
Goal: Diamond Blocks Row 3 and 7 (AKA Square in a Square Block)
These rows are constructed the same as the first row we started with so will be easy peasy!
The directions as in the pattern:
1. Using a chalk pencil, mark a diagonal line across each of 32 , 4¼” background squares.
2. For each 8″ square, match up two 4¼” background squares in diagonal, opposite corners. With right sides facing, stitch directly on the lines.
3. Trim the seam allowance to ¼” on the side of the seam closest to the corner of the square. Press seams toward the center square.
4. Repeat with the remaining two diagonal corners. Repeat until you have eight 8″ square Diamond Blocks.
If you choose to sash as you go:
1. Sew a 3” x 8” background spacer (sashing) strip to the right side of 7 of the blocks and sew the row together ending with no spacer at the end of the row.
Refer to page 8 in the pattern for diagrams. You can also click the link below for a detailed Square in a Square explanation & tutorial.
Quilting JetGirl Square in a Square tutorial