September & October 2023 BOM Details
You are close to the finish line! The last two rows are a simple cross block, easy peasy to chain piece.
Plus Blocks (Rows 1 & 9)
1. Sew a 3″ x WOF focus fabric strip to a 3″ x WOF background strip along the long edge. Repeat until you have 3 strip sets. Press seams toward the focus fabric strips.
2. Sew another background strip to the opposite side of each focus fabric strip. Repeat until you have 3 strip sets. Press seams toward the focus fabric strips.
3. Subcut these strips into (32) 3″ x 8″ “striped” units.
4. For each 3″ x 8″ focus fabric rectangle, sew a 3″ x 8″ striped unit to the left side. Press toward the focus fabric rectangle.
5. Repeat the previous step on the right side of each aqua rectangle until you have (16) 8″ square Plus Blocks.
Complete your row by adding the 3”x8” sashing to the right side of seven blocks to complete one row.